Category Issue on Homepage (Electronics Theme)

Hi,
I am using an electronics theme. I am facing one issue on the home page. On the home page, we have one default category. if we have more than 20 categories in the platform then at the start of the storefront it searches only 20 categories. if that home page’s default category does not show in the first 20 then it never does search again and fails to show that category on the home page.
Is there any specific reason for this implementation?

The theme is no longer being maintained by Virto Commerce. Developers are encouraged to check out Vue B2B Theme .

But I think you need to increase the default take from 20 to more in storefront 5.x.

We understand that theme is deprecated. That’s the theme we are using.

Question is with respect to storefront limitation. Is the default limit of 20 provided for performance reasons.?

Is there no logic to look for the category in the subsequent category if not found in the default 20 pages?

I think it was part of CategorySearchCriteria or ProductSearchCriteria

{
        public static int DefaultPageSize { get; set; } = 20; 

I recommend debugging and adding a breakpoint on Search Service, it helps you to find who’s set 20 for pagination.

@OlegoO Thanks for replying.

I think it was part of CategorySearchCriteria or ProductSearchCriteria

{
        public static int DefaultPageSize { get; set; } = 20; 

I recommend debugging and adding a breakpoint on Search Service, it helps you to find who’s set 20 for pagination.

Yes, it is set to 20 by default in the storefront. We can double the limit or increase it to 100 or customize the logic. Also, there is no logic to fetch and look up to the next page if it’s not found in the default 1st page in out-of-the-box storefront code. We want to understand the rationale behind this limit in case we have 100+ categories. Will this affect the performance of the home page or any other things that we need to be mindful of?

Best
Thanks

The pagination should be supported. A good example is Product listing. Categories are built on the same classes and abstractions.