When we estimate Request for proposal (RFP), we use
- Readiness - the existence of enablers in the platform.
- Development Efforts - how much efforts required to implement.
The readiness can be:
- high - either feature or enabler to implement this requirement is available.
- medium - we have experience and best practices on how to implement it properly in a custom solution.
- low - we don’t have any enablers.
The development efforts can be:
- none - this requirement doesn’t require any development, only configuration.
- low - small customization is required, the extension can be a good place for implementation.
- medium - enabler is available but the business process and feature should be implemented by the developer. Usually around 1 sprint for 1 developer.
- high - the custom development is required. Usually more than 1 sprint for 1 developer. A good point to verify business requirement to understand it better.