Welcome to Our October 2022 News Digest
This post introduces updates for our new documentation portal, Virto Storefront and B2B theme updates, Page Builder anouncement for partners, Contract module updates with dynamic properties and search, XAPI for quotes, default dimensions precision for measurement units, and more.
- New Documentation Portal (Beta Version)
- Virto Storefront and B2B Theme Updates
- Page Builder Integration with Virto Storefront
- Quote Management (Preview)
- Contract Module Improvements
- Quote XAPI
- New Mutations for Profile XAPI
We are revamping our documentation portal! Check out its beta version here. Any comments or feedback are welcome.
Note: Public storefront demo is available at this new link https://vcst-demo-storefront.paas.govirto.com/
The release contains new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
We improved new scenarios for My Organisation Management. Here is what we added:
The Role filed in the Invite Member form:
The Block/Unblock feature:
Store admin and store manager roles
Company name in the header on desktop:
The theme can now show who is logged in as who (supports login on behalf):
The deleted products in the cart, order history, and wish lists are now highlighted:
Other improvements include:
- Adding the mobile cart icon
- Better Catalog hierarchy for desktop and mobile
- A new option to display vendor name on the Product Details page
- Hover for Language/Currency dropdowns
- Fixed bugs: Checkout defaults, addresses, images for products, categories in A-Z order in the catalog dropdown, etc.
We are proud to present the first release for Page Builder that has native integration with Virto Storefront and Vue B2B Theme.
Page Builder enables creating ecommerce landing pages from blocks and editing them using a visual editor:
At this moment, Page Builder is a private module that is not included in the open source license. You can request early access here.
- Native Integration with Virto Commerce and Vue B2B Theme
- Core list of the blocks for landing pages
Here is an example of how landing pages that can help you optimize your ecommerce website.
First, landing pages help capture customer’s specific intent based on what they are actually searching for. These searches can capture any sort of intent, e.g. searches for products, services, information, and more. The relevant landing pages are able to provide specific information that answers the consumer’s question in search.
Second, in digital marketing, a landing page is a standalone web page, created specifically for a marketing or advertising campaign.
In this quickstart, you’ll see how to create an ecommerce landing page for Black Friday 2022:
Step 1. Create Design Page in Back Office:
Step 2. Add Content Blocks
Step 3. Add Products Block
Step 4. Publish Page
We extended the Vue B2B Theme with Quote Management (Preview). By default, the Quote feature is optional and you can use the Vue B2B Theme without the Quote module.
To activate Quote Management, you need to do the following:
- Install B2B Theme 1.12.0+
- Install Quote Module 3.207+
- Activate Quote feature. Set
quotes_enabled: truein theme settings. vc-theme-b2b-vue/settings_data.json at dev · VirtoCommerce/vc-theme-b2b-vue (github.com)
At this moment, Quote Management implements two scenarios:
- Add cart items to the quote.
- Quote history page (with search).
Adding cart items to quote allows you to create a quote request from the cart. You can request quotes for any product, any quantity, and in any state. To do so:
- Select any products and add them to the cart.
- Select cart.
- You should be able to see a new block on the cart page - QUOTE REQUEST
Add Cart Items to Quoteto add all items from the cart and create a quote.
Quote History Page allows reviewing list of your submitted quotes and check quote status.
- Sign-in and select My Accounts.
- Select Quotes Request.
In next release we are planning to implement:
- Theme editor - to support fast branding and theme configuration without developers.
- More default presets.
- Ecommerce page editor
- Layout editor
Based on partner and customer requests, we continuously add new features to Contract modules. In the 3.203 release, we implemented the following:
You can assign a contract to companies and sub companies, and the departments and employees will inherit contracts and personalized prices from the parent company.
You can now restore or revert the personalized price to the base price:
Search helps you find any contract by code, name, and store:
You can enrich any contract entity with custom properties and keep all information in one place. You can also use API to build integration and load a custom contract attribute from third party systems:
Quotes release v3.209.0 brings list of XAPI quierie and mutations:
- quotes quierie: get list of queries.
- quote quierie: get access to query by id.
- createQuoteFromCart mutation.
We added new mutations for Profile XAPI:
- Add changeOrganizationContactRole mutation
- Add removeMemberFromOrganization mutation
- Add mutations: lockOrganizationContact, unlockOrganizationContact
and improved error message:
We updated dotnet Virto Commerce module template with the following:
- New XAPI module template
v-module-xapiwhich are simplify creatation of XAPI (business) modules.
- Sync references and nuget packages with latest stable release.
To install or update templates, please run the following command:
dotnet new --install VirtoCommerce.Module.Template
To create a new module, run this one:
dotnet new vc-module --ModuleName YourModuleName --Author "YourName" --CompanyName YourCompanyName
To create a new XAPI module, run this:
dotnet new vc-module-xapi --ModuleName YourModuleName --Author "YourName" --CompanyName CompanyName
You can find more details on GitHub.
We reviewed the Platform, Order, Catalog, Cart, and Core modules and changed the default dimension precision for measurement units to (18,4).